USB support for RMI processors

C. Jayachandran c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:07:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Juli Mallett <jmallett at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 20:53, C. Jayachandran <c.jayachandran at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The userland compiles with the patches and with -DNO_USB
>> -DNO_BLUETOOTH (using ld to convert binary to n32 obj fails - needs to
>> look at this). But the main battle will be ahead, the syscall,
>> exception and pobably signal handling and executable support needs to
>> be fixed before init goes thru.  I'm working on this.
>
> I've made a hackish change to syscall stuff that works well enough but
> breaks o32 support; it should be obvious how to fix that:
>
> http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/user/jmallett/octeon/sys/mips/mips/trap.c?r1=204399&r2=204534&sortby=date
>
> I'm fighting with rtld right now and believe I know the source of my
> misery but my tree has stopped working for some unrelated reason so
> now I'm trying to figure out what I messed up.
>
> BTW I've found it very useful to work with WITHOUT_DYNAMICROOT while I
> worked on the issues more fundamental than the rtld problem.  Trivial
> signals seemed to work fine.

I did the rtld internally for 6.4 almost the same way, i.e, have a
static root and get a simple program going, in my case it was on the
lines of 'printf("%p\n", printf);'. Another useful thing is to have is
a hacked version of printf which does not the libc but does the write
syscall in assembly directly, this was useful to print out debug stuff
from rtld code.

Regards,
JC.