AR5416 MAC based ath

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Jun 21 16:23:02 UTC 2010

In message: <3f993635fc9c54a4d44aa360e26a9be0.squirrel at webmail.equix.ee>
            "Ain" <freebsd at luftivennad.com> writes:
: Hello!
:
: Last month was here a discussion about AR92XX (with subject line "Trap
: when setting up ath0"). Now i have same kind trap, my chip is ar9220. If i
: understand correctly, patch for 71xx
: (http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/ar71xx_ath_war.diff) contains magic number
: AR_RXCFG, what is not defined in ar5416reg.h. Can i use same magic to get
: my  AR92XX working? If not, maybe some other ideas?

The RXCFG bug is reported to only be with the older chipset.  Atheros
didn't fix that bug in the current generation of processors.  The
newer, N chipsets don't have this bug.  If you're seeing issues, then
chances are very good that it is a different problem.  My work around
likely won't help you much.  I'd start by building a kernel with
symbols and using the debugger to help you track down the issue.  With
the WAR I put in, I'd always get a different trap address.  Maybe this
is something as simple as a driver bug (deref of NULL, say)....

Warner