Merging 64 bit changes to -HEAD

Jayachandran C. c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:36:18 UTC 2010

I have volunteered to merge Juli's 64-bit work into HEAD,  and
hopefully get it to work on XLR too. The tree
(http://svn.freebsd.org/base/user/jmallett/octeon) has quite a bit of
changes, so I would like to do this over multiple changesets and
without breaking the current o32 code.

The first batch of changes are attached (also at
http://people.freebsd.org/~jchandra/jmallett-merge/), the patches are:

libc-asm.patch - change libc assembly code to use macros which work on o32/n64
libc-other.patch - makecontext implemenation, and other cleanup
ld.so.patch - change dynamic loader assembly code to use macros
tlb-to-c.patch - move TLB operations to C, update TLB operations API

I've tested this on XLR, but there is a chance that this might break
other platforms. So please let me know your comments on both the
patches and the merge process.

The future patches (if everything goes well), will do the PTE_ flag to
PG_ flag renaming in Juli's tree, then the actual n32/n64 changes.

Thanks,
JC.