Weekly report on Yeeloong progress

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:57:08 UTC 2010

On 06/07/2010 12:30 AM, Juli Mallett wrote:
> 2010/6/6 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <phcoder at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello, as my duty I report the current progress.
>> Serial console is working
>> Debugger including backtrace is apparently working
>> Now it's based on octeon branch which has greatly improved  64-bit support.
>>
> Great stuff!  Keep up the good work.

Thanks
>> - Checking TLB format. TLB format on loongson is slightly different than
>> on mips FreeBSD works on but it shouldn't have been a problem. After
>> fixing TLB entries nothing changed
>>
> How is it different?  Do you mean that you need to use 64-bit PTEs
> (did you get my E-Mail about that?) or something else?

Yes I did. It's documented on pages 56, 58 and 61 of Loongson 2F manual.
The difference is in wider PFN and PageMask and presence of no-execute
bit. If all unknown bit are zeroed it shouldn't be any problem. But it
will be useful in future for sure.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko