Weekly report on Yeeloong progress

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 22:19:47 UTC 2010

Hello, as my duty I report the current progress.
Serial console is working
Debugger including backtrace is apparently working
Now it's based on octeon branch which has greatly improved  64-bit support.

I'm striken by floating bugs of which I don't know the cause yet. What I
tried (very incomplete list):
- Disabling DMA on I/O controller by writing 0 into hit registers
- Checking TLB format. TLB format on loongson is slightly different than
on mips FreeBSD works on but it shouldn't have been a problem. After
fixing TLB entries nothing changed
- Filling cache info completely in appropriate structures
When debugging it's almost always is a TLB miss. Either when accessing
an address which is supposed to be ok or a wrong pointer. I'm investigating.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko