[patch]: probe extended device id for flash; support multiple S25* flash devices

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 01:58:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

According to the linux driver, the S25* series have multiple sector
sizes for the same storage size (16 meg.) These devices share the same
jedec manufacturer/device ids; they only differ on the extended device
id.

I've attemped to probe the extended device id (inspired by the linux
probe routine) by trying to read two more bytes during the flash IDENT
command. I've added extended id's for the four S25* devices found in
the relevant linux flash driver.

I don't have anything which supports the extended device id like this
so I'd like some testing by someone who does before I commit it.

The patch: http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/rspro/mx25l_ext_id.diff

Thanks,

Adrian