[RFC] Event timers on MIPS

Jayachandran C. c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 13:27:24 UTC 2010

2010/7/17 Alexander Motin <mav at freebsd.org>:
> Hi.
>
> I've made a patch, updating MIPS timer code (except RMI) to utilize new
> MI event timer infrastructure. I've successfully built QEMU and XLR
> kernels with the patch. Unluckily I can't test how it works, unless
> somebody teach me how to cook QEMU to run it. I also haven't ported RMI
> timers drivers, as I am not sure how that hardware is intended to work.
>
> Patch for HEAD can be found here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/timers_mips.patch
>
> Could somebody falimiar with MIPS review/test my patch and extend it to
> RMI hardware?

XLR uses an on-chip PIC clock (running at 66MHz) for cpu 0 and
count/compare clock (running at CPU freq) for the other CPUs, hope
this is supported with the new code.

Other than that, I should be able to merge the code into XLR specific
rmi/tick.c rmi/clock.c, if it works on other MIPS platforms.

JC.