Merging 64 bit changes to -HEAD - part 4

Jayachandran C. c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:37:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Jayachandran C.
<c.jayachandran at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:42 PM, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>> In message: <AANLkTikSVi27V2UICgLvKd8Bk7v6tuGty9YX6-C6-21H at mail.gmail.com>
>>            "Jayachandran C." <c.jayachandran at gmail.com> writes:
[...]
>> : pmap-n64.patch
>> :  The main n64 patch (from Juli's branch)
>> :   This still uses the old 2-level page tables. But this adds other
>> : pmap code to support n64. I have re-arranged some of  Juli's code to
>> : reduce #ifdefs.
>>
>> I think this could be done in smaller bites.  At least the
>> MIPS_{PYHS,KSEGx}_TO_{KSEGx,PHYS} stuff can be done as a separate
>> patch.
[...]
> Thanks for the review, I'll try to get the patches other than pmap-n64
> in first (with mentor approval). I'll post a new split version of
> pmap-n64 after that.

Here are the pmap changes again, along with a ddb patch.

kseg-def-to-cpu.h.patch
Move KSEG address definitions from cpu.h to cpuregs.h with the other
definitions, add some  XKPHYS related definitions.

mips-pmap-intial-n64.patch (from Juli's branch)
Initial changes to pmap.c for n64 support. When compiled for n64, pmap
can use XKPHYS for a lot of its operations. The page tables are still
2-level.

mips-tlb64.patch (from Juli's branch)
64 bit TLB definitions.

mips-ddb-64.patch (from Juli's branch)
Minor fixups for ddb support.

This should get n64 up to mountroot - let me know you comments.

Thanks,
JC.