Merging 64 bit changes to -HEAD - part 4

Jayachandran C. c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 17:20:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Jayachandran C.
<c.jayachandran at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have volunteered to merge Juli's 64-bit work into HEAD,  and
> hopefully get it to work on XLR too. The tree
> (http://svn.freebsd.org/base/user/jmallett/octeon) has quite a bit of
> changes, so I would like to do this over multiple changesets and
> without breaking the current o32 code.

Here's the next installment, this has the next set of Juli's changes
and some fixes to get it working on XLR. The patches in this set are:

mips-segtab-macro.patch :
  Change PDE/PTE access to a macro (from Juli's branch)

mips-cache-fix.patch :
 Minor fix for cache code (JC)

rmi-other.patch:
 64 bit compilation fixes for sys/mips/rmi (JC)
 Fixes to platform and driver code for 64 bit compilation, including
changes to ethernet driver.

mips-rmi-kx-enable.patch:
 Changes to enable KX bit for TARGET_XLR_XLS (JC).
 I have added another case for the TARGET_OCTEON #ifdef in exception.S
and locore.S, but I think this can be moved to  a header file later.

pmap-n64.patch
 The main n64 patch (from Juli's branch)
  This still uses the old 2-level page tables. But this adds other
pmap code to support n64. I have re-arranged some of  Juli's code to
reduce #ifdefs.

runq-64.patch
  64-bit rqb_word_t for n64 (JC)

ldscript-64.patch
 64 bit linker script (JC)
 linker script for 64 bit compilation, and XLR configuration file.

With these changes, a n64 kernel can be compiled and it will to
'mountroot>' on XLR.   There is more code left to merge in Juli's
branch - 32 bit compat code, sfbuf/uio, UMA alloc, and DDB. which I
should be able to get in the next  one or two passes.

Let me know your comments. There are only two minor changes should
affect the existing o32 code paths in the above code (moving the check
for >512M, and change in pmap_map to handle KSEG0 addresses), but let
me know if something breaks.

Thanks,
JC.