hifn support

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at bluezbox.com
Fri Feb 19 19:08:18 UTC 2010

Florian Kruegl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 13:51 -0800, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
>> Florian Kruegl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> got hands on a hifn, think it's a nice possibility to check the
>>> performance of the interrupt handler :)
>>> Was more than puzzled when I saw it didn't generate any...
>> Try this patch:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/hifn.diff
>>

> made no difference, removed my faulty hints but no change. it shows up
> as hifn0 again but still uses irq0 and openssl engine -vvv shows no HW
> accel.

IRQ numbering is a little messy on MIPS. And there were no IRQ
counters in AR71XX PCI code. Try this patch too:
http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/patches/ar71xx_pci_intrcnt.diff

You'll need the first one too. Also try running
/usr/src/tools/tools/crypto tool for performance testing.

I don't have RS Pro setup at the  moment, so can't test it myself
right now :( But will do over weekend.