Question about kld modules

Neel Natu neelnatu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 06:03:38 UTC 2010

Hi Oleksandr,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko
<gonzo at bluezbox.com> wrote:

> On 2010-02-16, at 6:57 PM, Neel Natu wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the patch ready for review. Please take a look and let me know
>> if you have any comments.
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~neel/mips_kld_diff.txt
>>
>> I have tested this on big and little endian machines with the bge
>> driver loaded as a module.
>
>    Look OK. But have you tested it with cross-KLD dependencies? As far as I remember that's
> what I stumbled upon.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I have tested it with a module 'bar' that depends on 'foo' that in
turn depends on the kernel. These were toy modules that I wrote just
for the purpose of testing this but nevertheless the symbol resolution
worked.

I assume that is what you mean by cross-KLD dependencies.

best
Neel