WIP: AR91XX (and AR724X, maybe) support

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:31:30 UTC 2010

On 18 August 2010 13:39, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to commit the AR71XX specific bits and the CPU ops tonight.
> I can then convert over the bits of the codebase that needs CPU
> specific bits (WB prodding, USB setup, device enable/disable) without
> breaking the tree.
>
> I'll then commit the AR91XX and part of the AR724X support once I've
> rewritten the GPL bits.

This patch introduces the CPU ops to HEAD. I've done a couple of
preparation commits (register definitions, the CPU op struct
definition) before this, so you need to apply it to the latest HEAD.

http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/rspro/atheros-ar71xx-cpuops.diff

Now I'm worried about this code being GPL contaminated. It's basically
a cut and paste from Linux, but the implementation is simple and
obvious enough to me that my re-implementation would look basically
the same.

I'd like a review for GPL-ness if possible. I'm happy to rewrite it
but it'd likely look quite a lot like how it does right now.

Thanks,

Adrian