Machine Check exception during bootup

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jul 4 15:28:54 UTC 2009

In message: <385015.11949.qm at web34404.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
            Neelkanth Natu <neelnatu at yahoo.com> writes:
:
: Hi Warner,
:
: --- On Fri, 7/3/09, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
:
: > From: M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com>
: > Subject: Re: Machine Check exception during bootup
: > To: neelnatu at yahoo.com
: > Cc: freebsd-mips at freebsd.org
: > Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 8:11 PM
: > In message: <122643.47019.qm at web34403.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
: >             Neelkanth Natu
: > <neelnatu at yahoo.com>
: > writes:
: > : ====
: > //depot/user/neelnatu/freebsd_sibyte/src/sys/mips/mips/genassym.c#1
: > - /u/neelnatu/p4/freebsd_sibyte/src/sys/mips/mips/genassym.c
: > ====
: > : @@ -91,6 +91,7 @@
: > :  ASSYM(SIGF_UC, offsetof(struct sigframe, sf_uc));
: > :  ASSYM(SIGFPE, SIGFPE);
: > :  ASSYM(PGSHIFT, PGSHIFT);
: > : +ASSYM(PAGE_SHIFT, PAGE_SHIFT);
: > :  ASSYM(NBPG, NBPG);
: > :  ASSYM(SEGSHIFT, SEGSHIFT);
: > :  ASSYM(NPTEPG, NPTEPG);
: >
: > How do PAGE_SHIFT and PGSHIFT differ?
:
: They are identical. I looked at other architectures and it seems that
: PGSHIFT is a macro defined for mips alone. The same is true for
: PGOFSET and PAGE_MASK.
:
: So I went with the obvious macro - PAGE_SHIFT.
:
: I think we should toast PGSHIFT and PGOFFSET and replace them with
: PAGE_SHIFT and PAGE_MASK respectively. What do you think?

This sounds like a good cleanup item...

Warner