LibH is dead.

Anarcat anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Tue Jul 13 10:28:53 PDT 2004

Just to make things official. :)

I hereby resign my maintainership of the libh port and project. It's
been a long time since this project had any activity other than the
occasional mailing list fart, so it is time to move on.

I think we can all agree now that the ol' libh is dead. Please move
along, nothing to see here. There are very fine projects on the way that
I see *should* replace libh:

LibPKG:
http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/libarchive/

binup:
http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-update/binup.html

G.O.B.I.E.:
http://www.gobie.net/

Anaconda:
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/anaconda-installer/

Robert Watson's directive are very important to avoid falling into the
same traps LibH did:

http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?Pine.NEB.3.96L.1040523121543.95236B-100000

I probably forget something here.

Also, I am not crossposting, but there should be annonce made somewhere,
probably not on -announce (since it doesn't sound so good :), but
probably a project status update.

I can do that last one. :)

Cheers,

A.