openjdk11- tomcat9- no ipv6

Michael Osipov 1983-01-06 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 22 18:57:37 UTC 2020

Am 2020-03-22 um 19:30 schrieb Max Peak:
> Greetings freebsd-java gurus,
>
> I am experiencing some difficulty with the freebsd-openjdk11 port. My
> setup is x86machine, freebsd12, tomcat9, openjdk11.
>
> Tomcat listens to port 8443 for both tcp4 and tcp6 when using openJDK8.
> After a config change (../rc.d/tomcat9) to use openjdk11 instead, tomcat
> listens only for tcp4, not tcp6.
>
> See freebsd *web and networking  services* forum, thread: *openjdk11-
> tomcat9- no ipv6* for more detail. Please let me know if there is
> anything I can do to help resolve this issue.
>
> Also, I would be interested in a temporary workaround. While I need the
> OS to work dual-stack (which it does), I only need tomcat to work on tcp6.

Tomcat committer here...

There has been some fuzz on users at tomcat.a.o recently on IPv6. There
seem also to be an issue with IPv6-mapped IPv4 addresses.

I highly doubt that this is a Tomcat issue per sé, it is either an OS or
JDK one. Greg knows better about the internals of the C implementation.
A general advise is if it does not work with one connector for dual
stack. Configure two with the specific addresses.

Unfortunately, our entire enterprise network is IPv4 only, therefore I
cannot test anything on our servers.

Have you actually tried to bind a dual-stack socket with netcat/socat
and see whether this works on FreeBSD?

Please try and report.

Michael