openjdk11- tomcat9- no ipv6

Max Peak max.peak at formindata.com
Sun Mar 22 18:30:51 UTC 2020

Greetings freebsd-java gurus,

I am experiencing some difficulty with the freebsd-openjdk11 port. My
setup is x86machine, freebsd12, tomcat9, openjdk11.

Tomcat listens to port 8443 for both tcp4 and tcp6 when using openJDK8.
After a config change (../rc.d/tomcat9) to use openjdk11 instead, tomcat
listens only for tcp4, not tcp6.

See freebsd *web and networking  services* forum, thread: *openjdk11-
tomcat9- no ipv6* for more detail. Please let me know if there is
anything I can do to help resolve this issue.

Also, I would be interested in a temporary workaround. While I need the
OS to work dual-stack (which it does), I only need tomcat to work on tcp6.

Thank you for your much appreciated efforts,

Max Peak

Formin Data