Allowing remote java app to access local sound system

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:43:57 UTC 2020

I have a (java) app that works fine on a remote host and displays it's GUI
by setting the DISPLAY environment variable.   The app also requires a
working microphone (and other audio output devices). Is there any way to
make it use the microphone/audio output on my local machine?   Note I
suspect I would need to do this transparently to Java.  I am pretty sure
Java has no idea how to do this on its own.