java/openjdk11 build faiiling

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Fri Mar 15 20:13:15 UTC 2019

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 21:16, Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz> wrote:
[...]
> The config.log has:
> [...]
> configure:59674: checking for DGifGetCode in -lgif
> configure:59699: /usr/bin/c++ -o conftest -m64  -I/usr/local/include
> -m64  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.cpp -lgif  -ljpeg  >&5
> configure:59699: $? = 0
> configure:59708: result: yes
> configure:59739: checking for PNG
> configure:59804: checking for which libpng to use
> configure:59827: result: system not found
> configure:59829: error: --with-libpng=system specified, but no libpng found!

In fact, the logs indicate that jpeg and gif weren't found easily either:

checking for which libjpeg to use... system
checking jpeglib.h usability... yes
checking jpeglib.h presence... no
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for jpeg_CreateDecompress in -ljpeg... configure: WARNING:
jpeglib.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: jpeglib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
yes
checking for which giflib to use... system
checking gif_lib.h usability... yes
checking gif_lib.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: gif_lib.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by
the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: gif_lib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for gif_lib.h... yes
checking for DGifGetCode in -lgif... yes
checking for PNG... checking for which libpng to use... system not found
Configure: error: --with-libpng=system specified, but no libpng found!

I'm still trying to figure out how the configure script gets invoked..
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>