AdoptOpenJDK and JDK11

Ashik aashiks at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 05:35:13 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I had raised the lack of a native JDK 11 for FreeBSD 12 with
AdoptOpenJDK, hoping that they can help with the JDK 11 efforts on
FreeBSD.

It looks like they took it up for discussion, but I hadn't heard any
updates from them.

The recent activity in the list regarding the JDK 11 port prompted me to
update AdoptOpenJDK "issue" on Github, and if anyone can collaborate
with them, this might speed up and stabilise the build quicker.

The Github issue I raised with AdoptOpenJDK is here:

https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/TSC/issues/53

The offers for help is vague at the moment - they have access to some
hardware that runs on FreeBSD, and another has asked if it is possible
to collaborate.

glewis and others who are working on the port, may I suggest (and in no
way mean any offense or pretend to know better) you collaborating with
AdoptOpenJDK ?

My context : I am someone who runs applications written in Java in
production on FreeBSD, and trying not to switch from either JVM or
FreeBSD.

Thanks for your time.

--
aashiks