Is it possible to change DEPENDS logic for Java ports?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 13 17:29:29 UTC 2019

 There are Java ports, which needs JDK for build, but will work
perfectly with JRE only.

 For example, `net-mgmt/unifi5` depends on `archivers/snappy-java' and
have runtime dependency on JDK. But it doesn't need JDK, and JDK is much
bigger than JRE, which could be critical for resource-constrained target
systems.

 Now I'm fixing this by direct editing of pourdiere-built packages and
it is VERY inconvinient.

 I've tried to add JAVA_RUN=jre/JAVA_BUILD=jdk to both ports in
question, but still runtime dependency is JDK :(

--
// Lev Serebryakov