java/openjdk8 build issue

bnt103820 bnt103820 at protonmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:07:40 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am running into an issue when building java/openjdk8 from ports using portmaster in a "thin" jail running FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p4, with alternate port working directories specified in /etc/make.conf, with the latest ports tree.

For a bit of background, the contents of /etc/make.conf are located here: https://dpaste.de/EtFk/raw

Located here ( https://dpaste.de/pVSh/raw ) is the build log. Of note is line 13690 where many files could not be found and the build failed.

(Note for below: /var is a symlink to /skeleton/var)

I was able to work around the issue as follows: First, I located the missing files in "/skeleton/var/ports/usr/ports/java/openjdk8/work/openjdk/build/bsd-x86_64-normal-server-release/images/j2sdk-image/". I manually copied everything in that directory to "/skeleton/var/ports/usr/ports/java/openjdk8/work/stage/usr/local/openjdk8/", then restarted the build without cleaning first (-C option for portmaster). The build then succeeded.

Might this be an issue with my environment or is this a port issue?

Thank you