Supermicro IPMIView KVM doesn't work

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Nov 30 11:30:30 UTC 2016

Is somebody there using Supermirco remote management with java based KVM
(ATEN Java iKVM Viewer throught browser plugin Icedtea) or IPMIView Java
application?

Browser based never worked for me. I always get "no iKVM64 in
java.library.path"

IPMIView worked on some older version of FreeBSD / Java. But I upgraded
my desktop to FreeBSD 10.3 + openjdk8-8.92.14_3 this summer and it
doesn't work anymore. Application itself works, I can login to any
Supermicro servers, read health status, monitoring, network settings but
KVM does nothing. Doesn't open a window, doesn't show errors etc.

How can I track the problem and make it work again?
This is the only thing I need to run Windows in VirtualBox if I need to
fix some problems on remote servers. It is annoying.

If somebody is interested - IPMIView
ftp://ftp.supermicro.nl/utility/IPMIView/Linux/

Miroslav Lachman