openjdk8 ready for production?

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Sat Nov 22 04:10:34 UTC 2014

How is the overall stability of openjdk8 on Freebsd 10.x? Is it ready for production use?

I see that there are no serious open bug report [1] but I'm not sure what sort of real life use it has had so far. Is anyone here using for serious workloads on a regular basis?

I also notice that FreeBSD has licensed the jdk7/8 TCKs. Will they be used to validate the openjdk implementations or only a new oracle jdk port?

Thanks
Ari

[1] https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=openjdk8&list_id=34083

--