java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(Native Method), invalid argument

Dan Daley dddaley at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 14:53:15 UTC 2014

I ran into this issue about a year and a half ago.  If this is the same issue, it had something to do with the way an IPv4 address is bound to IPv6.
I also ran into the issue on some older flavors of linux, though it seems that the issue didn't happen on newer flavors.

Sorry, I don't remember more details now.  But, maybe someone else can shed more light on the IPv4/IPv6 issue with UDP in Java.