[Call For Help] Clang + OpenJDK + head + amd64 == cocktail of death (for clusters)

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Thu Jul 25 12:59:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:42:38 +0200, Sevan / Venture37
<venture37 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25/07/2013 16:20, Ronald Klop wrote:
>>
>> It ends with this:
>> gmake[2]: *** [build] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>> So grab the core dump. Feed it to the debugger and see what is wrong.
>>
>> Ronald.
>
> Not much, unless I'm using gdb wrong?

This might work better.
gdb /usr/ports/java/openjdk6/work/langtools/make/java.core
/usr/local/openjdk6/bin/java

It might be necessary to build java with DEBUG=true. Or at least
FASTDEBUG=true. See 'make config' in /usr/ports/java/openjdk6.

BTW: I'm not sure, but I think your existing installation of openjdk6
dumps core. This is important to know to debug the right program.

Regards,
Ronald.