OpenJDK kills building cluster on HEAD amd64

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 16 06:06:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Is there any known problem with OpenJDK when running on head amd64?

On the package building clusters we have been able to build packages for FreeBSD
8, 9, 10 i386 without problems, we have been able to build packages on 8 9 amd64
without problems

But when building packages for the 10 amd64 target the cluster dies "out of
swap." and this happens very quickly: after a first crash when rerunning the
bulk of packages makes the server dies in a couple of minutes.

Unfortunatly I have not been able to indentify which package build is eating all
the memory.

All I know right now is that OpenJDK itself manage to build OpenJDK 6 and 7 and
the following packages:
- jaf-1.1.1
- jakarta-commons-cli-1.2,1
- jakarta-commons-logging-1.1.1
- jdictionary-1.8_4
- jruby-1.7.4
- junit-4.10
- log4j-1.2.16
- tomcat-6.0.37
- xalan-j-2.7.1
- xerces-j-2.11.0
- xml-commons-1.4.01

So to build packages on head amd64 I had to mark openjdk6 has broken and I am
planning to do so directly in the ports tree.

Does that ring a bell to someone? This is really important to be able to bebug
this if we want java packages available.

regards,
Bapt