Build java without X11 support

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 13:11:09 UTC 2013

Openjdk is really requires some graphical libs, for example Graphics class
must have some low level libs for graphic manipulation.
So, without some xorg libs you'll end up with broken JDK.

Besides, not much of X is required, and it's working just fine in headless
setups:

$ pkg info -d openjdk6
openjdk6-b27 depends on:
dejavu-2.33
expat-2.0.1_2
fontconfig-2.9.0,1
freetype2-2.4.11
inputproto-2.0.2
java-zoneinfo-2012.j
javavmwrapper-2.4_3
jpeg-8_4
kbproto-1.0.5
libICE-1.0.7,1
libSM-1.2.0,1
libX11-1.4.4,1
libXau-1.0.6
libXaw-1.0.9,2
libXdmcp-1.1.0
libXext-1.3.0_1,1
libXft-2.3.1
libXi-1.4.5,1
libXmu-1.1.0,1
libXp-1.0.1,1
libXpm-3.5.9
libXrender-0.9.6
libXt-1.1.1,1
libXtst-1.2.0
libiconv-1.14_1
libpthread-stubs-0.3_3
libxcb-1.7
open-motif-2.3.4
pkgconf-0.9.1_2
png-1.5.14
printproto-1.0.5
recordproto-1.14.1
renderproto-0.11.1
xbitmaps-1.1.1
xextproto-7.2.0
xproto-7.0.22

That's from my poudriere for  stable-9 with somewhat recent ports tree.

2013/8/6 Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

> Hi,
>
> I'm using poudriere to build pkgng packages.
> I want to build openjdk6.
> I tried to disable X11 and de-select X11 in as many packages as
> possible.
> However, as of recently, it pulls in gtk-update-icon-cache.
>
> openjdk6 depends on cups-client, and cups-client depends on
> gtk-update-icon-cache.
>
> But:
> ===>   Returning to build of gtk-update-icon-cache-2.24.19
> =======================<phase: configure
> >gtk-update-icon-cache-2.24.19
> gtk-update-icon-cache-2.24.19: Needs cairo with X11 support enabled.
> *** [pre-configure] Error code 1
>

> (which I have disabled, cairo being "fat" enough).
>
> Is there a way to build this stuff completely "x11"-less?

Regards,
Alexander Yerenkow