openjdk7 instead of openjdk6?

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Nov 23 15:05:16 UTC 2012

I have collected several other errors for this topic:

1. For math/scilab I noticed this: checking JAVA_HOME variable... not
defined
Because I came accross the error several other places. Setting below did not
correct this problem.
# setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/local/openjdk7
However, this setting did correct some run-errors.

2. LIBREOFFICE:
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
Warning: failed to read path from javaldx
$ setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/local/openjdk7/jre/bin Did not correct this error.

3. ANOTHER JAVA RUN ERROR - UNRELATED?
Trying to add database driver (JDBC): RmiJdbc.RJDriver - Error, not in
CLASSPATH?
Trying to add database driver (JDBC): jdbc.idbDriver - Error, not in
CLASSPATH?
Trying to add database driver (JDBC): org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver - Error, not
in CLASSPATH?
Trying to add database driver (JDBC): com.mckoi.JDBCDriver - Error, not in
CLASSPATH?
Trying to add database driver (JDBC): org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver - Error, not in
CLASSPATH?

/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.java.mk lists many possible environment settings, but I do
not know which ones to set/use