Network related OpenJDK7 segfault

Phil Phillips pphillips at experts-exchange.com
Wed Dec 19 23:14:16 UTC 2012

Hello,

I had some Java code running fine on OpenJDK6.  I upgraded to OpenJDK7
and started getting a segmentation fault.  I've been able to narrow down
the problem and create a test case to reproduce the issue.  It's
definitely load related, since I couldn't get the crash with a
single-threaded test (the test code is multi-threaded). Running the test
case with OpenJDK6 is fine, but running with OpenJDK7 crashes.  I tried
the sample code on FreeBSD 7.4, 8.3, and 9.0 - all with the same result.

Is this a bug with OpenJDK7, or is there something I need to configure?

I have attached the test Java class and a sample error report.

Thanks!

--
Phil Phillips