OpenJDK6 and a cyclic dependancy

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sun May 31 21:06:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

With a clean installation and setting openjdk6 as the default by:
# cat >> /etc/make.conf << _EOF
JAVA_VERSION?=1.6
JAVA_OS?=native
JAVA_VENDOR?=openjdk
_EOF

I get a cyclic dependency when trying to build java/openjdk6.  openjdk6
depends on apache-ant which depends on openjdk6 (and so on).

Apologies if this is a know problem, I thought I should mention it since (it
has been suggested that) openjdk6 is to become the default.

Wouldn't a solution be to make apache-ant build within openjdk6 [as a
pre-ish-build stage] (and thus not depend on the port).

Regards,

David

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the mailing list