Fwd: openjdk6 error in Locale

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Fri May 22 12:01:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 14:41:01 +0200, Ronald Klop
<ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I sent this to the maintainer of the openjdk6 port, but thought it would
> be good to share it with you to?
>
> If I run the attached programm with port java/openjdk6 (b14 and b16) I
> get
> this output.
> displayname: Dutch
> decimal: .
> grouping: ,
> dateformat: AD
> displayname: Dutch (Netherlands)
> decimal: .
> grouping: ,
> dateformat: AD
>
> If I run it with port java/jdk16 I get.
> displayname: Dutch
> decimal: ,
> grouping: .
> dateformat: AD
> displayname: Dutch (Netherlands)
> decimal: ,
> grouping: .
> dateformat: AD
>
> As you see the 'decimal' and 'grouping' are reverted. The last output is
> correct for The Netherlands.
> This is all on 7.2-STABLE/amd64.
>
> Can you reproduce the problem? And does anybody know how can I fix it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ronald.

Hi,

This happens for the French and German locale's also. I'm looking at
differences in jdk16 and openjdk6, bug can't find it yet.
I would be very happy if I knew if people could reproduce this?

		for (Locale l : new Locale[] { new Locale("nl"), new Locale("nl", "NL")
}) {
			System.out.println("displayname: " + l.getDisplayName());
			DecimalFormat nf = (DecimalFormat)NumberFormat.getNumberInstance(l);
			final DecimalFormatSymbols decimalFormatSymbols =
nf.getDecimalFormatSymbols();
			System.out.println("decimal: " +
decimalFormatSymbols.getDecimalSeparator());
			System.out.println("grouping: " +
decimalFormatSymbols.getGroupingSeparator());
		}
	}

Ronald.