gdb and java

Swamy Venkataramanappa Swamy.Venkataramanappa at Sun.COM
Thu Feb 26 12:37:18 PST 2009

jmap is actually a java program. jmap executable is simple launcher just
like a java launcher.
It launches java program and runs JMap.class from sa-jdi.jar or runs
attach on demand
code and attaches to the running jvm.  SA based jmap can be run like this

java -classpath <jdkhome>/sa-jdi.jar  sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JMap
-finalizerinfo <pid>

-Swamy