openjdk6 port complete and ready for testing

Maho NAKATA chat95 at mac.com
Tue Feb 10 19:58:17 PST 2009

From: Brian Gardner <brian at getsnappy.com>
Subject: openjdk6 port complete and ready for testing
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:48:25 -0800

> I've completed creating the following ports:
> java/openjdk6 and java/icedtea6-stubs (needed by java/openjdk6).  This
> port will probably only function properly for amd64, and there are
> probably some dependency issues.  I've been grinding (load testing)
> this port over the weekend with some serious concurrency and it's held
> its own.  We released this port to a production machine today as well
> without any hickups so far.
>
> I'd appreciate any help in testing the port and openjdk6 and patching
> it to support all other architectures.  Anybody interested please
> email me, and I'll email you the zipped up ports.

Hello Brian, great work!

Please send me a port for me or submit your port as PR.
My recommendation is submitting as a PR so that everyone can test
openjdk6 easily.
I'm interested in your port! I'm a de facto maintainer of
openoffice.org port. One of the major headache for OOo port is
no free Java is available.

Best,
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , http://ja.openoffice.org/