jdk 1.4 port to freebsd4.10

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Nov 19 12:43:40 PST 2008

The problem is that the ports infrastructure has been modified to drop
support for 4.X altogether -- this _greatly_ simplified our maintainence
burden.

You're probably going to have to do a cvs checkout of the ports tree as
of tag RELEASE_4_EOL (do _not_ go past that, especially not to what's in
the tree as of today!) and then start looking through cvsweb to see what
exactly has changed in the jdk ports, and bsd.java.mk, in the meantime.

I predict that you have a long and difficult task ahead of you.  Several
years' worth of changes have been made all over the tree by this point.
My advice would be to try to install e.g. 6.3 or 7.0 and create a 4.X
jail to run your applications in, if it all absolutely has to be on one
machine.

mcl