error building java/jdk15

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon May 5 18:58:22 UTC 2008

I am having a similar problem

/usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/javac -d /usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/
control/build/bsd-i586/lib -target 1.5 ../../tools/sharing/AddJsum.java
javac: invalid target release: 1.5
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
where possible options include:
   -g                        Generate all debugging info
   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info
   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings
   -verbose                  Output messages about what the compiler
is doing
   -deprecation              Output source locations where deprecated
APIs are used
   -classpath <path>         Specify where to find user class files
   -sourcepath <path>        Specify where to find input source files
   -bootclasspath <path>     Override location of bootstrap class files
   -extdirs <dirs>           Override location of installed extensions
   -d <directory>            Specify where to place generated class
files
   -encoding <encoding>      Specify character encoding used by source
files
   -source <release>         Provide source compatibility with
specified release
   -target <release>         Generate class files for specific VM
version
   -help                     Print a synopsis of standard options

gmake[4]: *** [/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/control/build/bsd-i586/lib/
classlist] Error 2
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/
redist'
gmake[3]: *** [optimized] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/
redist'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make'
gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.

So I installed the 1.5 diablo stuff but I am not sure how to make the
1.5 jdk build use that instead of the listed linux sun 1.4.2 version
(and why it would use the sun linux 1.4.2 instead of the fbsd 1.4.2.
already installed as well; not that that would fix the problem)

What do I need to do to make my 1.5jdk build use the diablo one?

Thanks
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC