java/116461: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Nick Johnson freebsd at spatula.net
Wed Sep 19 13:00:17 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR java/116461; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nick Johnson <freebsd at spatula.net>
To: Rafael Bascon Barrera <rafaelbascon at gmail.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: java/116461: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:17:30 -0700 (PDT)

 The option works for me.  It has to be given on the java command line
 before the class name.

 Since you haven't provided any other context (e.g., what you're running
 when this happens) it's impossible to guess where you might need to
 configure the -XX:MaxPermSize option...

 ...but it does work.  I use it myself.

     Nick

 --
 "Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being
  afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."