so does anybody have a working jdk on RELENG_7?

Vlad GALU dudu at dudu.ro
Thu Oct 18 07:34:11 PDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Dennis Berger <db at nipsi.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> so does anybody have a working jdk on RELENG_7?
> I tried the following solutions.
>
> 1. use diablo-jdk15 with compat6x
>     not working. Jedit stops working. Compiling stuff gets stuck,
> coredumps all over the place.
> 2. use linux-sun-jdk(15,16)
>     same phenomenon
> 3. build jdk15 from one of the above.
>     javac coredumps sometimes, or gets stuck with 0%cpu utilization.
> nothing happens.
> 4. tried different linuxulator 2.4.2 and 2.6.16 with linux_base-fc4 and fc6.
>
> Recent releng_7 from yesterday. clean system. make.conf is nearly empty.
> nothing special.
>
> any hints how to get jdk working?

   I used compat6x to start diablo-jdk, which in turn I used to
bootstrap the build of jdk15. Then I deleted diablo-jdk. As a side
note, I used the resulting jdk15 to build jdk16. Both work as we
speak, both on amd64 and i386.

> thanks,
> -Dennis

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.