linux sun jdk ports

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Thu Oct 4 14:14:25 PDT 2007

G'day John,

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 04:26:54PM -0700, John Prather wrote:
> Seems the linux-sun-jdk15 and linux-sun-jdk16 ports have fallen into
> disrepair.  The files the port demands be downloaded seem no longer
> available on the web.

I think "fallen into disrepair" is perhaps overstating the situation.
These look to be very recent updates as Sun don't appear to have yet
completed the updates themselves (the bundled releases for Netbeans,
etc. are still using the older versions).

> JDK1.5 Update 12 is no longer available on Sun's website, the current update
> is 13.
>
> JDK1.6 Update 2 is no longer available on Sun's website, the current update
> is 3.
>
> Not sure if the changes in the update require any changes at all on port
> side other than switching filenames to use.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks for this information.  I'll take a look at updating them as soon as
I have a chance.

I don't yet see source code updates, so jdk15 and jdk16 (which is still on
update 1) will have to wait a bit longer.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com