Removal of Java 1.1 and 1.2 support in the ports tree

Herve Quiroz hq at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 1 03:28:23 PDT 2007

Hi all,

More than a month ago, JDK ports related to Java 1.1 and 1.2 were marked
DEPRECATED and scheduled for removal. This period has come to an end,
and it is now time that we remove the support for these ports in
bsd.java.mk before we delete the JDK ports themselves.

However, some ports are defining JAVA_VERSION as 1.1 or 1.2 and they
should be fixed before we move on.

If you are receiving this message, it is either because you are
subscribed to the freebsd-java mailing list or because you are the
maintainer of at least one of the forecited ports.

In both cases, you may want to have a look at the following PR:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/116724

The PR will stay open for 2 weeks while you may all send PRs to fix the
ports or review the bsd.java.mk patch in case I did something wrong.

Although the patch contains changes for the ports using Java 1.1 or 1.2,
I did not test them all. I just replaced "1.1+" and "1.2+" by "1.3+".

In two weeks, we will start testing the patch on the cluster.

Herve