Core2Duo and JDK incompatibility?

Dima Panov fluffy at ael.ru
Thu Nov 29 16:23:18 PST 2007

On 30 November 2007, Walter Vaughan wrote:
> Dima Panov wrote
>
> >Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
>
> Is this true? Do you not have a java runtime on your computer?
> Quickest would be to install Diablo JDK package from FreeBSD Foundation..
> http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

I HAVE a java runtime installed. At this time, it only linux-sun-jdk15,
because diablo-jdk fails to run with same error message (and only on this
notebook with C2D T5300 proc, on other older single-core machines it run
correctly).
And compiled native jdk from my desktop (same OS version, SAME sources, same
make.conf, old iP4/socket478 2GHz proc) also doesn't start on this notebook
with same message about libjava.so!

I suspect libptherad (which is libthr) is root of the evil on multi-core
processors in this case

--
Дмитрий А. Панов

Государственная Академия Экономики и Права
Хабаровск, Россия