FreeBSD 7.0-BETA3 JDK16 libthr crash

Arno J. Klaassen arno at heho.snv.jussieu.fr
Wed Nov 28 08:42:05 PST 2007

Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> writes:

> On 27 Nov 2007 15:50:18 +0100
> "Arno J. Klaassen" <arno at heho.snv.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>
> > this looks like what I get with 7.0-BETA3 with SCHED_ULE on
> > a 2x Opteron 285 (Dual core) with my own java program :
> >
> >   Fatal error 'mutex is on list' at line 432 in file /files/bsd/src7/lib/libthr/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 0)
>
> maybe a long shot, but I was getting errors like that in some programs ( I don't think they were java progs) after doing  an upgrade from 6 to 7, and some programs were using a mix of 6.x and 7 libraries....  I eventually fixed it by rebuilding all libraries under 7, otherwise u can try installing the compat6x port.

nope, this is a completely clean 7 install, starting from cvsup-sources
as of Oct 11 (were still -current at that time I guess).

Anyway, the good news is that the MFC of rev 1.35 of intr_machdep.c (amd64)
seems to solve, or at least alleviate, the problem : no more never seen
before errors while running test for about a day now. Before they showed
up rather quickly.

I as well use hand-mfced version  1.287-289 for kern_fork.c, but without
rev 1.35 of intr_machdep.c that didn't matter.

Could releng_6 need as well this "Extend critical section coverage" since
I see the same problems on (my one and only) 2x2way releng_6 with
jdk15?

Best,

Arno