NIO and kqueue

Nick Johnson freebsd at spatula.net
Thu Nov 22 21:50:03 PST 2007

I opened an issue in gnats for making nio use kqueue with a rough
description of what needs to happen.

I recommend sending the FreeBSD Foundation some cash to help fund this
kind of development.

I used all the 1.5 and the current 1.6 ports in production without any
major trouble.  They seem quite stable.

   Nick

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Alan Wolff wrote:

> Hi there
>
> This is my first mail to the mail list, I'm glad to be apart of it. I have a few questions about Java on FreeBSD :
>
> We're currently using Diablo Java Development Kit 1.5.0_07.01. I've noticed that it's using select by default for nio polling. Is there anyway to make it use kqueue?
>
> Also, do any other FreeBSD JDKs out there use kqueue?
>
> Another question.. which of the JDKs for FreeBSD are known to run with stability in production?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being
 afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."
   Doctor Who - Planet of the Daleks
This message has been brought to you by Nick Johnson 2.3b1 and the number 6.
http://healerNick.com/       http://morons.org/        http://spatula.net/