Glassfish v2 on FreeBSD

Calvin Varney calvin.varney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 03:12:30 PST 2007

I followed those instructions to get v1 working. All went fine but I
only played with a few examples and have yet to use it on a real
project. No benchmarks sorry, but sun claim its the fastest app server
out there...

v2 should be easier still to install, it no longer has dependencies on
NSS/NSPR stuff. I'm yet to find time to try it out but will be
interested to hear how you get on ;-)

NetBeans 6 may also be an option. I remember it (or some edition of it)
comes bundled with glassfish and recall seeing some guys building it
from source on FreeBSD.

cheers

Calvin.