Eclipse and Java on FreeBSD 6.2

Spiros Papadopoulos spap13 at googlemail.com
Thu May 3 14:29:58 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Can someone briefly enumarate the steps to be taken in order to properly
install Eclipse and Java
on my FreeBSD 6.2?
Do i have to install with portinstall mozilla and then portinstall
Eclipse? Shall i use diablo-jdk?
Is Eclipse going to work appropriately after i install it or i will be
dissapointed :o)

I am sure these are already being discussed here, but I cannot really follow
the list since i am too busy lately and
to be honest i want to start programming without having to waste
time to find the main steps for installing
the program. See i can do my work in Windows but i really want Eclipse on my
BSD box.

Honestly, any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Spiros P.