fresh install on -CURRENT / updating java

Mark Nowiasz buckaroo at gmx.de
Thu Jun 14 21:39:26 UTC 2007

Greg Lewis wrote

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 11:21:38AM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:
> >
> > 	What is the correct way to install native jdk15 on -CURRENT?
> > I'm trying to boot-strap from linux-jdk15, but Sun only seems to
> > have the binaries and sources for -12, not -11 as the port wants.
> > 	Thanks,
>
> http://download.java.net/tiger/archive/tiger_u11/index.csp

Have you really had a look recently at this site?

Update 11 binary leads to a page offering:

      * JDK 5.0 Update 12 with NetBeans IDE 5.5.1
      * JDK 5.0 Update 9 with Java EE
      * JDK 5.0 Update 12

Trying to update java via portmaster is impossible right now because
it's plainly not possible to update linux-jdk15! There is *no* update 11
available at sun any more.

Regards,
Mark
--
Allow me to congratulate you sir. You have the most totally closed
mind that I've ever encountered.