trouble getting and installing FreeBSD-Java (2)

Steve Strassmann steve at strassmann.com
Sat Aug 11 10:59:19 PDT 2007

Hi, just to let you know further, I downloaded jdk-1_5_0_12-linux-i586.bin
from Sun to see if I could unpack it and apply your patches.

I tried installing it under FreeBSD 4.8 and got about this far:

   me at pair.com> ./jdk-1_5_0_12-linux-i586.bin
   ...[lots of stuff]...

   Creating jdk1.5.0_12/jre/lib/plugin.jar
   Creating jdk1.5.0_12/jre/lib/javaws.jar
   Creating jdk1.5.0_12/jre/lib/deploy.jar
   Bad system call (core dumped)

   Done.

How can I get a JDK working on FreeBSD? Could you please
provide some URLs on the project pages indicating what to
download?

thank you!