ports/113467: Multiple "missing return value" errors building JDK on current

Tobias Grosser lists_freebsd_org at 07.antispam.web-wahnsinn.de
Fri Aug 10 03:20:06 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/113467; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tobias Grosser <lists_freebsd_org at 07.antispam.web-wahnsinn.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, robbak at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/113467: Multiple "missing return value" errors building
	JDK on current
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:50:11 +0200

 I think I found a workaround for this problem.

 Have a look at:
 http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2007-August/006554.html

 The solution I found was to decrease optimization by replacing every
 occurence of "-O2" or "-O3"
 in the files:
 - ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/common/Defs-bsd.gmk
 - ports/java/jdk15/work/hotspot/build/bsd/makefiles/gcc.make
 with "-O1" and bootstrap using linux-sun-jdk15.

 With decreased optimization the jdk15 port compiles fine.

 I tried to compile the jdk15 with optimization using the new compiled java/jdk15 to bootstrap, but again
 the compile errors from above broke the build. With decreased opimization it works again.

 Could you try, if this solves the problem for you?