JDK 1.6.0 patchset 1 "Brumby"

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 22:58:47 UTC 2007

Jung-uk Kim schreef:
> On Sunday 05 August 2007 11:34 am, Rene Ladan wrote:
>> I tried installing this on my i386 FreeBSD-CURRENT SMP box
>> (2007-08-04 06:32 UTC) using diablo-jdk15 as bootstrap.  The build
>> first failed because of GCC 4.2 warnings-as-errors about deprecated
>> string conversions.  After commenting out a -Werror in
>> work/hotspot/build/bsd/makefiles/gcc.make , the hotspot-fastdebug
>> server built fine, but it failed in test_gamma.  I've attached the
>> hs_err log.
>
> The attached patch should fix the build problem on -CURRENT.

Got it.
> Your error log shows that you set JAVA_HOME wrong:
>
> Environment Variables:
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0

Building with diablo-jdk15 is supported?

After moving the patch to files/ and removing work/ , rebuilding the
port now lets the gamma tests succeed.  But now it fails with an
AssertionError when zipping up rt.jar.  The build log including some
additional information is available at
http://home.tiscali.nl/rladan/freebsd/AssertionError.bz2 (35kB).

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001