FW: FreeBSD java license..

Bramananda Reddy Gopalswamy reddy at force10networks.com
Sat Aug 4 08:57:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried posting my query to Freebsd_Sun_Info at sun.com
<mailto:Freebsd_Sun_Info at sun.com> , but it bounced back.

Anybody else here can reply on this?

-Reddy

________________________________

From: Bramananda Reddy Gopalswamy
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 1:51 PM
To: Freebsd_Sun_Info at sun.com
Subject: FreeBSD java license..

Hi,

I am working on a project aiming to provide an on-box web interface for
managing Force10 Networks's P-Series security appliances. P-Series
offers high performance network traffic inspection, monitoring and
capture at 10 Gbps. You can checkout this link for details.

http://www.force10networks.com/products/pseries.asp

P-Series is currently based on FreeBSD operating system.

For providing a web-based management interface for P-Series, I plan to
bundle FreeBSD JRE 1.5 and Tomcat 6 in the P-Series box.

I tried downloading Diablo JRE from
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml and read through
the license agreement prompted.

It was clear that Force10 needs to sign up a Trademark license agreement
with Sun. But, I am not sure if I also have to execute a commercial
license too. Pls clarify the terms and conditions and pricing details if
any.

Expecting an earlier response.

Thanks,

Bramanandha Reddy