JDK 1.6.0 patchset 1 "Brumby"

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Fri Aug 3 21:36:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 04:41:58PM -0400, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> On Friday 03 August 2007 12:06 pm, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 08:03 -0700, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > > Thanks for the report.  This looks a little like a problem we
> > > were seeing earlier on that I'd thought was fixed.
> > >
> > > Can you let me know which FreeBSD version/platform you're using?
> > > I'm also cc'ing Jung-uk Kim who did the last fix to the socket
> > > code.
> >
> > FreeBSD neo.zion 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #5: Tue Jul 17
> > 13:06:51 CEST 2007     pascal at neo.zion:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/QNE
> > i386
>
> I was not able to reproduce the problem on FreeBSD/amd64 -CURRENT.  Is
> there anyone who can try the test code and let me know?

Seems to be working for me too:

FreeBSD laptop 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Wed Jan 24 09:03:47 PST
2007     root at laptop:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/LAPTOP  i386

I get the expected exceptions when I try to connect to a host I can't look
up or a port that isn't open.  Connecting to an open port works as
expected.  This is all using the test code.

Pascal, are you trying to connect to an open port?  What is listening on it
and what are you expecting to happen (i.e. what happens with 1.5?).

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com